2008 Sonic Winter Training Camp ZhuHai
Sonic winter training camp is confirmed to be held on 25th January to 27th January 2008 at ZhuHai, mainland China. The winter training camp will focus on cycling and running, training program will be prepared by the club head coach, Kenneth Yip and pro-cyclist from Trek-Marco Polo Pro Cycling Team, Kenji Leung. They will ensure that you will turn into another person in the coming season. The training camp format is more or less the same as last year;
This time the club will book a 49-seat coach, providing round-trip transportation between HK and China.
Here is the brief itinerary, on
25th Jan 08;
19:30 Gathering at Wan Chai Ferry Pier
20:00 Direct Coach leaves Wan Chai Ferry Pier, running via either Huanggang 皇崗 or Lok Ma Chau 新福田口岸
00:00 Direct Coach arrives "Sunshine Airport Hotel" (陽光機場酒店, 九洲) at Zhuhai and group check-in
26th Jan 08
08:00 Long cycling session and easy run
12:00 Lunch Time
14:00 short briefing
14:15 Run and drill work
18:15 Dinner and free time
27th Jan 08
09:00 either a Time Trial or a long ride
12:00 Lunch Time, and check-out
14:00 Direct-Coach back to HK Wan Chai Ferry Pier
Lunch, dinner and other free time activities should be self-arranged but staying in the hotel area is recommended. This time, we are not going to arrange transport to Zhuhai downtown for dinner due to long travel time, higher cost and safety concerns. Instead we will arrange group stretching during the evening briefing.
To enroll the training camp, please go to forum and button click or contact Kenneth Yip directly.
Payment transfer to Sonic Sports a/c in Heng Sang Bank 289-537789-001, send receipt to Kenneth on or before 4th January, we will then proceed to reserve hotel and transportation.
Points to note:
1. All training content is subjected to change by Kenneth Yip and Kenji Leung
2. This expects to be a tough training camp based on Hong Kong Cycling Team style
3. www of the hotel we'll stay: http://hotel.tw128.com/10433/default.asp
4. Transport time between HK Port area to hotel takes 4 hours
5. Charges: HKD1,000 per head
6. Charges include hotel and round-trip transportation from HK to Zhuhai Hotel
7. Will cancel automatically if applicants are less than 20
8. Maximum capacity for training camp is 30 persons
9. All lunch/dinner meal and free time activities are self-arranged
10. Simple hotel breakfast included
11. Prepare for extra spare tires and nutrition supplements
12. Bike storage in coach, based on Kenji experience, a 49 seats coach is capable of storing 33 bikes and 33 passengers just remove the front wheel, bike box is NOT ALLOWED but some protective foams is recommended.
Here are some additional links for your interested:
Kenji Leung Chi Yan profile
Sonic 2007 off-season training camp Zhuhai
Sonic 2006 off-season training camp Macau
Sonic 2005 off-season training camp Macau (debut!)
Macau Training Camp 2005
Zhuhai Training Camp 2007